started work today.
i found my way down to NFDN, which is just off of Ratna Park where there's regularly been riots and protests and that kind of thing. NFDN is the National Federation of the Disabled in Nepal. It's a very modest organization, with five computers and a staff of about six or so. All of the people that work here are disabled; the president is blind, Ganesh (my counterpart) has a hip disfigurement.
I was even able to help out today. I managed to trouble-shoot their network, get some computers working that weren't before. In good VSO style I showed Ganesh what I did to fix things. Sustainable development, right there.
learning nepali. bistarai, bistarai. it's a little hard first thing in the morning to switch into a foreign language, but i am making progress.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you are incomprehensible first thing in the morning anyways
the Ganesh at NFDN is known for using the printer and fax facilities for his own Canadian/UK/US visa application company.
incidentally, I also happen to know a Shiva and a Vishnu.
....and later, when they leave, I'll show you how I summon Oden.....
Post a Comment